Peter Gabriel - My Body Is A Cage (Letra e música para ouvir) - My body is a cage that keeps me / From dancing with the one I love / But my mind holds the key / My body is a cage that keeps me / … They were a band that understood the bottom end of the body – the grooves as well as tickling the brain with lots of ideas and inventiveness. We tried a few ways of looking at it and I wasn’t very happy, then I started manipulating some acoustic guitar samples until they became interesting, which gave me something to indicate to John where I wanted to go with it.

The second part, featuring artists covering Peter’s songs was aptly named And I’ll Scratch Yours and followed in 2013.
Limitless Love Meaning, Playmobil Back To The Future Release Date, I'll See You In My Dreams Classic Song, Shruti Marathe Child, Examples Of Jealousy In History, Russian Food Culture, When The Bough Breaks Online, Pooja Bhatt Age, Taeyeon Date, 7517 17th Street Oakdale, Mn 55128, Seohyun Tv Shows, Airstream Owners Group, Beautiful Sea Pictures, Best Type Of Whiskey, Corey Scherer Height, Will Wood And The Tapeworms, Jubilee Vs Dazzler, When To Start Wearing Poppy 2020, An Education Movie Script, Eating You Alive Wikipedia, Death Becomes Her Remake 2020 Kate Hudson, I Am Happy Quotes, Dundee United Scottish International Players, Brittany Favre Instagram, Restaurants With Live Music Nj, Sale Pelletier Love Story, Malcolm X Speaks Summary, Giacomo Leopardi Biography, How Bad Is Utah Air Quality, Snow Angel Exercise, Jonghyun Ig, Biblical Meaning Of Broken Glass, Lee Jung Hyun Husband Face, Win, Lose Or Draw Online Game, Map Roman North Africa, Bedroom 2012, Southern Baptist Sissies Trailer, The Haunting Of Molly Hartley The Final, Richfield Fire Extinguisher Company, Latex Font, Jimin And Jeongyeon 2019, Nameless Gangster Eng Sub, Where To Stream Save Yourselves, Loose Cannons 123movies, Robbie Fowler Stats, Staying Fat For Sarah Byrnes Chapter 10, " />

my body is a cage peter gabriel meaning

The first arrangement that John did was all based around the brass, and although I loved what he had done, it felt too heavy and lacked contrast. While not one of Gabriel’s biggest hit, Scratch My Back was still a success for the British artist. “I knew Lou for many years and he wrote many great songs – he’s correctly taken very seriously as a great lyricist. Conchita Wurst’s SKINY bodywear SKINYxWURST collection features 3 fabulous things, Conchita WURST aka Tom Neuwirth honest about Starmania beginnings on Adam Lambert’s YouTube roundtable, Pac-Man Mega Tunnel Battle demo for Stadia now available — in a handful of countries anyway, Risk of Rain 2 – 1.0 Update now on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch, Sims 4: Snowy Escape is The Sims in Japan with onsen, kotatsu tables and cherry blossoms, Critics love Amnesia: Rebirth — reviews are stellar, this one should be a hit, Negima! Peter Gabriel: The second track in and it’s again one of my favourites, taken from Graceland which was a very big album for lots of people, which was full of joyful African exuberance. The album, recorded at Air Lyndhurst and Real World Studios during 2009, consists of cover versions of twelve songs by various artists, using only orchestra and voice.

it reminded me of trying to sing some of the old melodies I had written with Genesis (like ‘Got To Get In To Get Out’) that were full of awkward intervals. Paul is obviously one of the great American songwriters and has an amazing catalogue of wonderful material – great melodies and words. Often orchestral arrangements of rock songs are used to ‘sweeten’. We tried a few ways of looking at it and I wasn’t very happy, then I started manipulating some acoustic guitar samples until they became interesting, which gave me something to indicate to John [Metcalfe, Durutti Colmn, arranger/ producer] where I wanted to go with it.
But the melancholy begins to evaporate as the song progresses, the scurrying orchestrations raining down columns of sunlight by the close. The first arrangement that John did was all based around the brass, and although I loved what he had done, it felt too heavy and lacked contrast. The revelation is Peter’s vocal conversion into something approaching the jaded barfly who inhabited Tom Waits’ 70s records, the perfect narrator of lines like “Tin can at my feet/ Think I’ll kick it down the street/ That’s the way to treat a friend.". In a way it is another dark lyric about terrorism, but eloquently and poetically expressed. When I first talked to John about this song and the album in general I asked for very emotional, sparse arrangements - I really wanted for the songs and the words to speak. Stripped of the bounce of Paul Simon’s original, the song takes on a contemplation and poignancy that wasn’t always apparent. Gabriel’s ‘My Body is a Cage‘ was written and originally released by the Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire on their second studio album Neon Bible.
Peter Gabriel - My Body Is A Cage (Letra e música para ouvir) - My body is a cage that keeps me / From dancing with the one I love / But my mind holds the key / My body is a cage that keeps me / … They were a band that understood the bottom end of the body – the grooves as well as tickling the brain with lots of ideas and inventiveness. We tried a few ways of looking at it and I wasn’t very happy, then I started manipulating some acoustic guitar samples until they became interesting, which gave me something to indicate to John where I wanted to go with it.

The second part, featuring artists covering Peter’s songs was aptly named And I’ll Scratch Yours and followed in 2013.

Limitless Love Meaning, Playmobil Back To The Future Release Date, I'll See You In My Dreams Classic Song, Shruti Marathe Child, Examples Of Jealousy In History, Russian Food Culture, When The Bough Breaks Online, Pooja Bhatt Age, Taeyeon Date, 7517 17th Street Oakdale, Mn 55128, Seohyun Tv Shows, Airstream Owners Group, Beautiful Sea Pictures, Best Type Of Whiskey, Corey Scherer Height, Will Wood And The Tapeworms, Jubilee Vs Dazzler, When To Start Wearing Poppy 2020, An Education Movie Script, Eating You Alive Wikipedia, Death Becomes Her Remake 2020 Kate Hudson, I Am Happy Quotes, Dundee United Scottish International Players, Brittany Favre Instagram, Restaurants With Live Music Nj, Sale Pelletier Love Story, Malcolm X Speaks Summary, Giacomo Leopardi Biography, How Bad Is Utah Air Quality, Snow Angel Exercise, Jonghyun Ig, Biblical Meaning Of Broken Glass, Lee Jung Hyun Husband Face, Win, Lose Or Draw Online Game, Map Roman North Africa, Bedroom 2012, Southern Baptist Sissies Trailer, The Haunting Of Molly Hartley The Final, Richfield Fire Extinguisher Company, Latex Font, Jimin And Jeongyeon 2019, Nameless Gangster Eng Sub, Where To Stream Save Yourselves, Loose Cannons 123movies, Robbie Fowler Stats, Staying Fat For Sarah Byrnes Chapter 10,

Follow Us
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Twitter
Council Meetings

Business Meetings Held 1st Thursday of every month at 7:30 PM

Socials are held on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7:30 PM

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events at this time.